In order to get accurate readings from inside a can that will NOT allow for internal placement of a temperature data logger, here are the things you will need:
- DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger
- An awl (part #210279-002) – This will make a pilot hole for the C-11 can punch
- C-11 (part #210279-001 ) or C-12 (part #210279-003) Can Punch
- C-5 fitting – available in plastic (C-5D) or metal (C-5)
- Screw Coupling –Mesahas these available for either a taper tip probe (part #124601-500) or a bullet tip (part #124299-500) – this is only used for external monitoring of a can
The hole is punched into the top, bottom or sidewall of a can or into the glass jar’s metal lid before filling. A Receptacle (C-5 or C-5D) is installed and a Screw Coupling is then inserted into the receptacle. Once the container is filled as usual, install the programmed DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger through the top of the Screw Coupling. Simply tighten the screw and monitoring can begin.
Let’s talk data loggers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your data logger pain points.