In order to get accurate readings from inside a can that will NOT allow for internal placement of a temperature data logger, here are the things you will need:
- DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger
- An awl (part #210279-002) – This will make a pilot hole for the C-11 can punch
- C-11 (part #210279-001 ) or C-12 (part #210279-003) Can Punch
- C-5 fitting – available in plastic (C-5D) or metal (C-5)
- Screw Coupling –Mesahas these available for either a taper tip probe (part #124601-500) or a bullet tip (part #124299-500) – this is only used for external monitoring of a can
The hole is punched into the top, bottom or sidewall of a can or into the glass jar’s metal lid before filling. A Receptacle (C-5 or C-5D) is installed and a Screw Coupling is then inserted into the receptacle. Once the container is filled as usual, install the programmed DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger through the top of the Screw Coupling. Simply tighten the screw and monitoring can begin.